Saturday, July 12, 2008

This damn bag better work.

Michelle and I made a last minute mad dash through Target before I leave on my Lake Powell vacation tomorrow. Michelle, with her eagle eye, spotted an "as seen on TV" treasure that we just couldn't pass up: The Debbie Meyer Green Bag.

The Green Bag is supposed to extend the shelf life of fruit and veggies almost to the point of petrified wood. And, with Debbie's face plastered on the front of the box making the promises, the challenge is just too tempting (especially at 1 a.m. after spending way too much time packing up a two-year supply of food for a six day vacation). So Leslee and I decided to put the claims to the test and take the bags to Lake Powell.

Our litmus test will be with bananas (the very ones I'm holding above -- fresh from Costco today), which Leslee says only last about 2 minutes in the heat of Wahweap.


We placed the whole bunch of bananas in the not-so-large large Green Bag and folded over the top loosely, like the directions say ... but we weren't satisfied that the bag will really stay closed on the journey to Powell, so we added a little scotch tape to the mix (bagged bananas in Leslee's hand at left -- if you look real close you can see the all-knowing grin on Debbie Meyers face on the Green Bag box).


Tune in next week for the results of the "This Damn Bag Better Work Because I Want Good Bananas on My Cereal in Lake Powell Thursday" scientific study.

2 comments:

Gina said...

I've been wanting to try that "Damn Bag" so I look forward to hearing the results on your next installment.

amelia said...

Ooo...I really am curious Carol-Lyn, can't wait for the results!