Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Food ala CL & Michelle


I volunteered (and Michelle gamely let me drag her into helping) to organize the food for the river trip. My favorite part of the menu was our surprise appetizer for Friday night.

Before the trip, Michelle and I got a little loopy after hours of figuring out the menu and doing all the pre-shopping we could before I left for Lake Powell. Somewhere out of our demented minds we thought it would be really funny to pull out a beautifully arrange artisanal cheese tray. So, the night before we left on the trip, Michelle and I stood staring at the cheese case in Costco trying to decide if we were crazy or if people would actually like to eat a bunch of cheese. We dived in, and I have to say ... it was a complete success after a few odd looks from some of our campers.

2 comments:

amelia said...

I clearly go to Lake Powell with the wrong crowd. Cheese and crackers? You two are great hosts!

the artist's daughter said...

ok, i love your blog. happy to have found you. the cheese and crackers is still talked about among my little family. it was fabulous. you two did a great job, as usual. great to be with you over the weekend.