Monday, September 22, 2008

Freedom in Never Again?

My friend Anne is continually coming up with amazing ideas. I'm usually awed by her creative genius in all things design, but the other day, she got me thinking about something more philosophical than normal.

A while ago, Anne decided to make a Never Again list. She's decided some things she just doesn't ever have to do again. Some things are on the list because she doesn't like them ... others are on the list because they aren't good for her. For instance, she says she never needs to eat fettuccine alfredo. She says that she never enjoys it as much as she thinks she will, so why keep eating it. Another Never Again for Anne: Diet Coke. Now this one, I think might be a bit harder for her. The other day I was sucking a cold one down right under her nose and I think she almost cracked. But, Diet Coke isn't good for the body, so it's on her list.

Anne says one of the benefits to having the list is people understand her refusals when she says that "x" is on my Never Again list.

While I don't think Diet Coke is going to make any sort of Never Again list I make, but I think the theory of the idea is valid.

I think I'll tip-toe into the list. Never Again #1: Spaghetti-Os. This will be an easy one. I don't ever eat them, but I can definitely go the rest of my life without those ghastly little paste donuts touching my tongue. What will be #2? I'll have to think on it.

What would be on your Never Again list?

5 comments:

amelia said...

HAHAHA, Spaghetti-O's is a good one! Technically, I should put that on my list...but occasionally, I get a craving for them...and then feel disgusting afterwards.

Mine would be those frosted Circus Animal crackers, except I would never live up to the list. I always buy them when they're on a seasonal sale (Oh hurray! The ORANGE and white kind for Halloween!), pig out, then feel sick after eating them.

Carol-Lyn said...

I love those little frosty delights, too. I've been thinking this morning that maybe I should put 4" heels on my Never Again. My feet are killing me, but the shoes are so cuuute! What to do ...

Allison said...

Ha, I could easily put 4 inch heals on my list. I'm such an old lady, about 2 inches is as far as I go.

I think donuts could go on my list. They look so good, but then just taste like pure sugar and I don't think I enjoy them enough to be worth the calories.

Carol-Lyn said...

Yeah ... donuts could probably go on my list too. Everyone is always talking about how much they love donuts, but they usually just aren't that great ... Except when they are! There have been a couple of exceptional cake donuts. How about this. I can definitely put Krispy Kreme on my list. That seems like a good start.

Brittany said...

ever since i read this the first day, it has totally been on my mind! i keep thinking about it- what would i put on my list? still thinking, but i'll get back to ya!