Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Whole New World for Larry

I stepped off the plane Friday morning to 75-degree weather and Larry waiting at the curb in a boat of a Caddy. Yes, that's right. Larry has embraced life as a snow bird. I have to say, he's almost got it perfected.

It was obvious that in Larry's three weeks away from home living the good life in Florida, no one has been around to give him a proper teasing. It only took about thirty seconds for Michelle and I to get him back in line. I started by saying, "Oh, Larry ... you've come south for the winter, you're driving a huge Caddy ... you're OLD!!"

I'm so glad to see my mom and Papa Larry having a good time in the Golden Years. He's sitting here right now watching me type, moaning and groaning that I'm being too mean and saying that I love being mean to him.

Since my mom went to bed at 8 p.m., Larry and I had to find some way to entertain ourselves. He has been bragging that he learned to use the internet last week and actually sent out a few emails under Carol's watchful eye. But tonight we made a big step. Some might even call it a giant leap. Larry and I created a gmail account of his very own. And then we started a blog for him. Not only has Larry entered the 21st Century ... now he's in the blogoshere. We may never be the same.

If you're ready for a good yarn (with a little truth worked in for flavor), check out Larry's blog: spursandsaddles.blogspot.com.

3 comments:

CL said...

I am so jealous. I spent half of the morning shoveling my driveway only to find it starting to snow again as I stepped in the house.

Bring me back an ugly magnet.

amelia said...

That's your job as the kid, to tease your parents. And how awesome Larry has a blog. My mom was trying to get me to create one for her and I kept denying my help, saying the world is not ready for her yet, haha.

abbyandcompany said...

But, does Larry update his blog more than you???