Friday, August 14, 2009

Piper & PJ

Aren't nicknames a childhood thing? I never had one, unless you count my family calling me CL, which wasn't even that often. But one day in November, I came to work and my co-worker Jeremy started calling me Piper. Apparently I'm a trendy dresser and he thinks girls who dress trendy should be named Piper. And it stuck. Piper? Whatever ...

In May, I hired an intern to help out with the marketing and PR efforts at the company. I liked Kyna right off. She seemed confident, capable and talented. I didn't know she would also have a knack for wearing twinner outfits. Between May and August, we've shown up for work wearing almost identical outfits at least once per week. This led to Jeremy calling her Piper Junion, or PJ. And it stuck.

If you want to see one of the best examples, head over to PJ's blog for a quick look.

The best thing about PJ is that she turned out to be the super-star intern of all time and yesterday she accepted a full-time position with the company. Piper and PJ will live on.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Where can I get that dress? It's cute!

Ugg, life as a work-at-home-mom. My wardrobe consists of t-shirts and capris.

Carol-Lyn said...

My favorite thing about my red dress is that I got it at the Nordstrom Rack for $5 and bought it without trying it on. Now that is shopping success!

I loved seeing pics of your NY trip on Facebook. You'r kids are beautiful!