Friday, November 28, 2008

Once I arrived in Paris, I met up with my friends, Jeff and Amanda. Amanda was excited to get out and see the town. After a quick shower and change of clothes, I was ready to see Paris for the first time, too.


Amanda and I had the most fabulous day! We rode the metro into Paris and then just started walking. We saw most of the major highlights today: Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre and a lot more that is a bit hazy since I'm running on about 3 hours of in flight sleep. We had the perfect Paris lunch in a little bistro. The highlight was the hot chocolate.


Amanda did a fantastic job of navigating the city. We only got a little lost for a minute on a street full of "Sex Shops".



One of three rose windows on Notre Dame.





Me in front of Notre Dame in my pink coat and grey hat that I will probably be wearing in every picture from this trip because it's only about 35 degrees this weekend.





The Eiffel Tower was so impressive. Before seeing it in person, I had always wondered what the big deal was and why people have such an emotional tie to it. But after spending some time there, it makes sense. It's a magical place.




We definitely did not do justice to the Louvre, but in an hour, we saw Amanda's three Must Sees: The Mona Lisa, the Venus de Milo and the Winged Victory. One of the most stunning things was seeing the glass pyramid lit up with the historic Louvre in the background.






6 comments:

CL said...

Wow, ask and you shall receive.

You look hot. I want your hat. Well, maybe not your stink hat, but one like it. Where did you get it.

Are you being safe? You'd better bring me back an ugly magnet.

CL said...

Where is Jeff in all of these pics?

CL said...

I think this is the most comments I have ever made on a post.

amelia said...

I want your coat! And WHOA Comment Cara, slow down hahaha.

Brianne and Brandon said...

I wish I was there with you. You know how to party. I also want your hat (that I wouldn't look near as cute as you in) and your darling pink coat. So did you girls hang out with Jeff? I wish it was cold enough here in CA to get a Hot Chocolate. It still in the upper 70's. Hot chocolate sounds delicious!

Carol-Lyn said...

Jeff will make an appearance in the next post about the last half of the trip. I didn't have time to blog any more while I was on the trip but now that I'm back, more will soon follow.:)

And, yes Cara, I have the ugly magnet for you, but it isn't too ugly.